14 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scan Failed To Execute
JBR
post Mar 13 2009, 10:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,488

Hi, I purchased BitDefender Antivirus 2009 a while back, and initially, it worked fine. But now I've noticed I can't run a scan at all. No deep scans, no quick scans, nothing. I've restarted my computer and tried again, but it still won't scan. Everything else works fine (as far as I can tell, at least). Not really giving me any problems otherwise. Any suggestions?

This post has been edited by JBR: Mar 13 2009, 10:45 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Diana Bele
post Mar 13 2009, 12:37 PM
Post #2

Technical Support

Group: Regular Bitdefender Poster
Member No.: 58

We have a patch that I would like you to try - I have sent it to you by e-mail a couple of minutes ago. Please try to use it and see if you are able to scan after running it.

+Quote Post
happydog
post Mar 13 2009, 04:43 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 22,495

QUOTE (Diana Bele @ Mar 13 2009, 02:37 PM) *
We have a patch that I would like you to try - I have sent it to you by e-mail a couple of minutes ago. Please try to use it and see if you are able to scan after running it.

Hi Diana - I have the same problem.
I am unable to initiate a scan from the security center. (I can start a manual scan from the start menu). This is a recent change -- the program used to work perfectly. I have tried re installing BD as well as net-framework 3.5 SP1. It still will not scan.

Can you PLEASE send me the Patch to try?

Thank you.

+Quote Post
happydog
post Mar 13 2009, 04:46 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (happydog @ Mar 13 2009, 06:43 PM) *
Hi Diana - I have the same problem.
I am unable to initiate a scan from the security center. (I can start a manual scan from the start menu). This is a recent change -- the program used to work perfectly. I have tried re installing BD as well as net-framework 3.5 SP1. It still will not scan.

Can you PLEASE send me the Patch to try?

Thank you.

Also....I am using Vista Ultimate - 32 bit - FYI

+Quote Post
Diana Bele
post Mar 13 2009, 04:49 PM
Post #5

Technical Support

@happydog

I have sent you an e-mail with the patch - please reply to it with the results whenever you have the time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Turco
post Mar 13 2009, 05:23 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 22,496

I have the same problem. Downloaded a patch that fixed the update problem but can't scan still (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
OS-WinXP SP3

+Quote Post
happydog
post Mar 13 2009, 08:27 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Diana Bele @ Mar 13 2009, 06:49 PM) *
@happydog

I have sent you an e-mail with the patch - please reply to it with the results whenever you have the time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Diana - I have not received your email nor the patch. Could you please check it's status and/or send it again.

Thank You

+Quote Post
happydog
post Mar 13 2009, 09:58 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (happydog @ Mar 13 2009, 10:27 PM) *
Diana - I have not received your email nor the patch. Could you please check it's status and/or send it again.

Thank You

I received your PM. Please see my message response......can you change the suffix of the file to something besides ".exe"? I think it will get by gmail's filters if you do.

Thanks

+Quote Post
berreke
post Mar 14 2009, 01:43 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 22,508

I too seem to have this problem on my VISTA home premium 32-bit. Could you send me the link as well

+Quote Post
Diana Bele
post Mar 14 2009, 09:52 AM
Post #10

Technical Support

@berreke

Please tell me if you are able to run a scan using these steps: go to Start - Programs - BitDefender 2009 - BitDefender Manual Scan. I will need to know if the scan launches like this. Also, please tell me if this is a recent issue or did you have it immediately after installing the product.

+Quote Post
berreke
post Mar 14 2009, 10:36 AM
Post #11

QUOTE (JBR @ Mar 13 2009, 10:43 AM) *
Hi, I purchased BitDefender Antivirus 2009 a while back, and initially, it worked fine. But now I've noticed I can't run a scan at all. No deep scans, no quick scans, nothing. I've restarted my computer and tried again, but it still won't scan. Everything else works fine (as far as I can tell, at least). Not really giving me any problems otherwise. Any suggestions?

I had the same problem and was able to resolve it by running following command int the program directory uiscan.exe /regserver.
Hope this will help you as well

+Quote Post
happydog
post Mar 14 2009, 05:42 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (happydog @ Mar 13 2009, 11:58 PM) *
I received your PM. Please see my message response......can you change the suffix of the file to something besides ".exe"? I think it will get by gmail's filters if you do.

Thanks

I was able to open And install the file you sent. Unfortunately it did not solve the problem.

I cannot scan from the security center, and when I select "fix" or "fix this issue" nothing happens. The indicated problem is that I have not scanned for malware in 45 days.

I can scan from the start menu....but it does not reflect back to the security center.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you

Steve

This post has been edited by happydog: Mar 14 2009, 06:02 PM

+Quote Post
dank_that
post Mar 14 2009, 10:08 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 22,510

Diana
I am having the same problem as Berreke, but when I got to Start>Programs>BitDefender>Manual Antivirus Scan it works. But it doesn't when I open BitDefender up. And I am also having a few other issues woth BitDefender Total Security 2009, such as turning on my firewall and tune-ups.

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Kyle

+Quote Post
RichardT
post Mar 15 2009, 10:08 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 22,562

QUOTE (Diana Bele @ Mar 13 2009, 11:37 AM) *

Hi Diana,

I also have that problem on one of my vista pc's - its has been installed for over a month working fine and has just recently stopped scanning - it has lost the scanning tasks in the system task section.

Would like to have a copy of the patch if it re-instates these tasks

Thanks

Richard

+Quote Post
JBR
post Mar 16 2009, 01:13 AM
Post #15

QUOTE (Diana Bele @ Mar 13 2009, 06:37 AM) *

I followed the instructions, extracted and ran the file in Safe Mode, restarted, and it's still doing the same thing. Also, wasn't sure if you needed to know, but I'm using Windows XP SP3.

+Quote Post
JBR
post Mar 16 2009, 01:17 AM
Post #16

QUOTE (berreke @ Mar 14 2009, 04:36 AM) *
I had the same problem and was able to resolve it by running following command int the program directory uiscan.exe /regserver.
Hope this will help you as well

Thanks for the advice, I'll have to give this a try.

I feel dumb for asking, but did you do this in Run from the start menu?

EDIT: Never mind, I tried running it by putting in C:\Program Files etc. into it first, but it can't find it when I put the /regserver suffix on the end. When I just try running uiscan.exe, it gives me an "Error initializing threat scanner. Please contact BidDefender support" message.

This post has been edited by JBR: Mar 16 2009, 01:36 AM

+Quote Post
berreke
post Mar 16 2009, 09:44 AM
Post #17

QUOTE (JBR @ Mar 16 2009, 01:17 AM) *
Thanks for the advice, I'll have to give this a try.

I feel dumb for asking, but did you do this in Run from the start menu?

EDIT: Never mind, I tried running it by putting in C:\Program Files etc. into it first, but it can't find it when I put the /regserver suffix on the end. When I just try running uiscan.exe, it gives me an "Error initializing threat scanner. Please contact BidDefender support" message.

No I used CMD.

then go to the directory where bitdefender is installed usually c:\program files\bitdefender\bitdefender 2009
then run uiscan /regserver.

+Quote Post
fashoom
post Mar 16 2009, 05:23 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 22,589

QUOTE (Diana Bele @ Mar 13 2009, 05:37 AM) *

Hi Diana, I have had the same problem every few months. Usually I uninstall then reinstall. Could you email the patch to me too.

Thanks

+Quote Post
markoto
post Mar 16 2009, 05:38 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 22,592

QUOTE (Diana Bele @ Mar 13 2009, 05:37 AM)
We have a patch that I would like you to try - I have sent it to you by e-mail a couple of minutes ago. Please try to use it and see if you are able to scan after running it

Hi Diana,
Me too i need the patch as i face the same issue and this is from the time I installed Bitdefender ... and i can start manual scan ..
Will the patch solve it ?

Mark

+Quote Post
andrew7981
post Mar 16 2009, 09:36 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 22,598

Hello, all. I just joined the forum because I was having trouble with BitDefender 2009 (Vista 32 Home Premium). Guess what, I can't initiate a scan!! I see that the problem appears to be quite commone here!! WTF??? I've only had BitDefender installed for a few weeks, is this the sort of trouble I can expect from BitDefender? Perhaps I made a bad choice when I selected BitDefender.

+Quote Post

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 09:46 AM