Reply to this topicStart new topic
> One-time Vs. Periodic Policy
Jeff Dickens
post Feb 11 2009, 11:00 PM
Post #1

Regular Poster

Group: Regular Bitdefender Poster
Member No.: 1,900

Policies that should be one-time, like Antivirus Settings, very frequently don't work. There's often no way to find out. Sometimes rebooting reapplying mysteriously makes things work.

So, is there any point at *ever* using a policy one time? Wouldn't it make sense to apply the Antivirus settings every 15 minutes or so? Then maybe most of the setup would eventually work instead of having to nurse each system along individually until it starts to run right.

What is the best practice in reality?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AndreTheGiant
post Feb 18 2009, 01:16 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,580

I have most of the big wigs in my company set to Power Desktop rights on their clients and If their having an issue with something they can just turn it off. To counter-act that I have the settings policy running every 3 hours to make sure it comes back on. Otherwise, no the one-time didnt work for me either.

+Quote Post
saariko
post Feb 18 2009, 08:14 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 21,711

I also found that the one time policy setting is pretty weak in terms of applying to all computers. It will also leave out newly detected computers.

However, I have tried to set a weekly scan (periodic every week) but yet again, it is not deployed at all. It's been 10 days and still 1/47

I am wondering how to make this happen, any ideas? I am sure it's better than to set it as a one time, but I am puzzled on this.

+Quote Post
seattle_tech
post Feb 22 2009, 12:28 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 22,027

I typically set the advanced settings policy to run once a day that way it should pick up most of the new computers and constanty assign the correct settings. If you set policies to run to often, bit defender will cripple the server and your entire network.

+Quote Post
saariko
post Feb 22 2009, 11:46 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 21,711

I don't see how setting the advanced settings will help me if I want to make sure that a policy of a weekly scan is needed.

I still have this policy set on 1/45 computers, after 2 weeks now.

I think that a better deployment/policy scheduel settings is needed. There need to be 2 dates: 1 for the scan it self. and the 2nd for the spreading/anouncing the policy.

If anyone else can help me in scheduling a weekly scan that will actually get submitted to my clients, I will appreciate it.

+Quote Post
seattle_tech
post Feb 22 2009, 10:05 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 22,027

QUOTE (saariko @ Feb 22 2009, 02:46 AM) *
I don't see how setting the advanced settings will help me if I want to make sure that a policy of a weekly scan is needed.

I still have this policy set on 1/45 computers, after 2 weeks now.

I think that a better deployment/policy scheduel settings is needed. There need to be 2 dates: 1 for the scan it self. and the 2nd for the spreading/anouncing the policy.

If anyone else can help me in scheduling a weekly scan that will actually get submitted to my clients, I will appreciate it.

What kind of firewall do you have? Are any of the other policies getting assigned? I would recommend adding port 7072 to the exception list on the client end. See if that makes a difference.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 03:01 PM