Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scan Does Not Start
SMaton
post Dec 12 2008, 09:39 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,160

Hi all,

as a lot of user in this forum, I have the problem that I constantly have a pending issue.

Now, when I go onto the "Fix all issues" Screen and click "Fix" aside the "You have never scanned your....", nothing happens.

When I click onto "Fix this issue" on the bottom of the same screen, nothing happens.

When I go onto the Antivirus tab of my advanced view, into the Shield panel, I have a grey "Scan Now" button... clicking on it does *nothing*.

So my question is:

How can I manually start a system scan?

- All updates are installed
- the event viewer of the system administration show no problem with bitdefender
- a bdagent.exe is running
- Arrakis3, LIVESRV and VSSERV are running
- scan ("BitDefender Threat Scanner") is not running. Is this needed? I cannot start it manually. It says "Error 9x80004015: The class is configured to run as a security id different from the caller"
- I have a "bitdefender network" with 2 machines. The both machines are registered (with the same license key).
- The second machine does not have the "You never have..." problem.

Thanks for your help,
Stefan

NB: I have a x86 Vista Ultimate installation.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mvismer
post Dec 23 2008, 09:46 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 20,488

QUOTE (SMaton @ Dec 12 2008, 10:39 AM) *
Hi all,

as a lot of user in this forum, I have the problem that I constantly have a pending issue.

Now, when I go onto the "Fix all issues" Screen and click "Fix" aside the "You have never scanned your....", nothing happens.

When I click onto "Fix this issue" on the bottom of the same screen, nothing happens.

When I go onto the Antivirus tab of my advanced view, into the Shield panel, I have a grey "Scan Now" button... clicking on it does *nothing*.

So my question is:

How can I manually start a system scan?

- All updates are installed
- the event viewer of the system administration show no problem with bitdefender
- a bdagent.exe is running
- Arrakis3, LIVESRV and VSSERV are running
- scan ("BitDefender Threat Scanner") is not running. Is this needed? I cannot start it manually. It says "Error 9x80004015: The class is configured to run as a security id different from the caller"
- I have a "bitdefender network" with 2 machines. The both machines are registered (with the same license key).
- The second machine does not have the "You never have..." problem.

Thanks for your help,
Stefan

NB: I have a x86 Vista Ultimate installation.

Hi had the same problem and finally managed to solve it by doing the following:
1) Reinstalled and when it asked whether to disable windows defender I did (didn't do that
the first time).
2) Disabled windows defeder service
3) When installing logged in as admin.
4) After installing ran the initial scan until complete.
5) After product was working I setup windows defender again and set it to not monitor bitdefender.
6) Changed services (windows defender to automatic and set defender to start on startup
7) Changed services for all bitdefender to automatic, except threat scanner which I cannot (complains of
error code says that it is configured to run as a different security id).

After this all seemed to work well, just make sure that all bitdefender services are automatic otherwise it
will not start up properly and will complain that services are not activated.

This post has been edited by mvismer: Dec 23 2008, 09:49 PM

+Quote Post
enetprof
post Jan 10 2009, 12:30 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 20,954

I have the exact same problem. I am running BD Total Internet Security 2009 on Windows Vista Ultimate, brand new Dell laptop, and I do not have Windows Defender installed. I also have BD installed on another older desktop computer running the latest Windows XP, and I have no BD issues with that computer. I simply cannot get a scan to start unless I create a new scan under User Tasks in the Antivirus window view and start that manually. None of the scheduled scans that I created will ever run as scheduled. BD is properly updating daily automatically, but the scheduled scans never run. SO, even though I have manually run scans that I have defined and created, I still have the red exclamation point on my tray icon, and the application highlights that "You have never scanned your computer for malware" - even though I have. This is really annoying... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

Both machines are on a BD Network. Perhaps that is the issue here...

Also, since I am unable to launch any system scans, there are no entries under the "System tasks" area of the AntiVirus window view on my Vista machine. On my XP machine, there are 4 (Quick Scan, Full Scan, Deep Scan, Startup Scan) since I have been able to lauch those everytime by clicking on the scan buttons in other parts of the UI.

If anyone has fixed this, please share what you did. I am likely going to uninstall and reinstall and see if that resolves anything.

+Quote Post
Tom S
post Jan 10 2009, 02:46 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 20,968

I have this same issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice now per support guidance and its the same thing every time. Can do a manual scan, can't fix anything pending and when I do try to do a manual scan it locks up BD, cant shut the BD window down without a cold start of the PC. Other than this it seems to work ok.

+Quote Post
Niels
post Jan 15 2009, 12:27 AM
Post #5

BitDefender Evangelist

Group: Regular Bitdefender Poster
Member No.: 59

Hello,

First remove the previous versions of .NET Framework with the tool mentioned here. Download and install the newest microsoft.net framework version See if you are now able to use BitDefender security center?

Kind regards,
Niels

+Quote Post
Peter W
post Feb 14 2009, 03:03 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 21,823

QUOTE (Niels @ Jan 15 2009, 10:27 AM) *
Hello,

First remove the previous versions of .NET Framework with the tool mentioned here. Download and install the newest microsoft.net framework version. See if you are now able to use BitDefender security center?

Kind regards,
Niels

I have the same problem as others in this thread. Although after running the scanner the alert disappears but next time I start my computer, it tells me I've never scanned my PC (Vista Business edition).

I have the latest .NET installed (v3.5 SP1).

Please help me make this work! It's getting very annoying and I will uninstall and switch to another product if this can't be fixed.

+Quote Post
Rsenic
post Feb 17 2009, 07:43 PM
Post #7

Poster

Group: Regular Bitdefender Poster
Member No.: 17,304

as this appears to be just a display issue, did you try to uncheck that monitor box next to that issue?

+Quote Post
Roderick (WA)
post Feb 17 2009, 08:12 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 21,938

My client has the same problem as described in the first post of this thread.
Did anyone else get an answer to this problem?
We may need a hero here.

This post has been edited by Roderick (WA): Feb 17 2009, 08:13 PM

+Quote Post
Blue Eagle
post Feb 20 2009, 10:40 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 14,276

My problem is a little different. When BD notifies me that "I have never scanned my computer for malware", clicking of the red "Fix" button beside the message or the "Fix All Issues" button does not do anything. However, if I go to Antivirus > Virus Scan, I CAN manually start scan jobs, such as the Full System Scan. The scan completes successfully, but it does not make the notification for the issue go away. The only way to get rid of warning is to not monitor the item.

This first happened on my Vista 64bit machine, and now I'm seeing it also on my Vista 32bit machine.

+Quote Post
Roderick (WA)
post Feb 20 2009, 11:13 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 21,938

QUOTE (Blue Eagle @ Feb 20 2009, 01:40 PM) *
My problem is a little different. When BD notifies me that "I have never scanned my computer for malware", clicking of the red "Fix" button beside the message or the "Fix All Issues" button does not do anything. However, if I go to Antivirus > Virus Scan, I CAN manually start scan jobs, such as the Full System Scan. The scan completes successfully, but it does not make the notification for the issue go away. The only way to get rid of warning is to not monitor the item.

This first happened on my Vista 64bit machine, and now I'm seeing it also on my Vista 32bit machine.

Yes I should say this is what is going on with my client.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 06:40 PM